Sunday, June 9, 2013

WAYYYY behind - catch up post

I knew I would fall off the blog wagon.  But 4 months?  That's a little ridonkulous, dontcha think?  So here I am to catch up. This may take a while, and more than one post.  :)

June's first run/walk: Run for the Brass 5K, completed with Tara at Millenium Park on 6/8/13.  We were just a little late for the start, but completed the 3.1 miles in 41:28 (doing more talking than running, I think!)



 
May's walk: Brodhead Homecoming Hustle: 2 miler.  My good friend Bridget came from Danville to do this run!


And my loyal Rockcastle race series friend Melissa and I walked the 2 miles in 28:15.  Pretty good for walking I think.  :)

 
Melissa and I also travelled to Lebanon on May 11th to complete the Color in Motion 5K.  It is definitely the most colorful 5K on the planet, and I look forward to the next one!
 
 
Before.
 
Saw Bridget while we were there.  :)

 
After.  :)

 
So two walks/runs in a month kinda makes me addicted I think.  And definitely completes the May part of my 13 in '13 challenge.
 
April's walk was the Pacing for Paws 5K in Stanford on 4/7.  I wasn't going to be able to do the Rockcastle County race as we were going to Nashville! on the 27th to celebrate Justin's birthday, so I altered my 13 in '13 to consist of one race a month, instead of doing all 12 in the Rockcastle County Wide Stride series, and I had SO much fun in Nashville that it made up for missing the Fairview race.
 
I did Pacing for Paws by myself and was so nervous heading to the race.  It was my first time actually running a 5K as I had previously been walking all of them.  I also freak out a little when doing activities like this by myself, and I totally need to get over that!  So I ran and walked and did it in 36:43.  I was very proud of myself for having a little over a 12 minute average!
 
 
The route on this one was just a little crazy, and definitely not my favorite course.


 
 
March's race was part of the Rockcastle series, the Saint Patrick's Day 5K.  Melissa and I walked this one in 47:01.
 
 
 
February's 4K for Heart Health on 2/23 was the worst course on the planet.  It was at the Country Club/Golf Course and had a huge hill that even some runners were walking!  We completed 2.5 miles in 40:10.
 

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment