Sunday, February 10, 2013

Move over Venus Embrace...the Schick Hydro Silk is in town.



If you haven't tried the Schick Hydro Silk razor, what on earth are you waiting for?  Personally, I've used the Venus Embrace razor for at least eight years or more.  Being a couponer, I have also tried other razors that I've gotten fairly cheap, but ALWAYS went back to the Embrace.  Not any more (sorry Gillette)!

I've been a BzzAgent for a few years now and I'm always getting awesome stuff to try for free or at a discount.  All they want in return is my honest opinion and for me to share it with people like you!  I was super excited when I got an invitation to this campaign.  The BzzKit came with the razor, Bzzguide, and some awesome $5 off coupons to share with my friends!  (I have a few left if anyone would like one!)

Here is how Schick describes their newest razor:  Schick Hydro Silk hydrates skin like no other razor can. This uniquely designed razor goes beyond an incredibly close shave to actually care for your skin. With Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum & 5 Curve-Sensing blades with skin guards to help protect skin from irritation, the Hydro Silk razor leaves skin feeling silky smooth! And it’s preferred over the leading 5 blade razor.

First, I used the razor on my underarms a few days before I trying it on my legs.  At that point, I wasn't completely sold.  And honestly, if you look at a side by side photo of these two razors, they really don't look that different.  (Except my Venus Embrace cartridge probably needs replaced!) 


However, just wait til you try this bad boy (girl?) on your legs!  Holy cow!  I always cut myself with a new razor when shaving my legs.  At least one spot on my ankle or knee.  With the Schick Hydro Silk (and shaving gel) I had no knicks or cuts!  It just glided smoothly around my knees and ankles, providing the closest shave I've ever had.  Seriously.  None of that looking like you shaved yesterday as soon as you get out of the tub! 

Now the "water activated moisturzing serum" I'm not 100% sold on.  They do suggest using Schick's shave gel, which I used some kind of shave gel, and I had great results.  However, a friend, who shall remain nameless, used this razor with water only (ouch!) and had itchy legs afterward.  So use some shave gel like they suggest and put some lotion on afterwards (we all do this anyway, right?)

However you do it, just try out this razor.  I promise you won't be disappointed.

*All opinions expressed in this review are mine.  Although I did receive the razor free from BzzAgent, I am not compensated for a positive review.  They just want my honest feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment